Today, the Bison Insurance Group, an insurance agency partnership located in Kansas, and their member agencies agreed to become shareholder members of Bainswest. This agreement has been ratified by the shareholders of Bainswest and Bison Insurance Group today.
The member agencies of Bison Insurance Group include:
- Renn & Company—Wellington
- Al Shank Insurance—Liberal
- Tyner Insurance Group—Emporia, Wamego, Council Grove, Rossville, Manhattan
- Kellerman Insurance—Holton
- Heritage Insurance Group—Stockton, Phillipsburg. Logan
- Saylor Insurance Services—Sabetha, Seneca
- Cardinal Insurance—Manhattan, Junction City
- Raleigh Insurance—Little River, Inman, Lyons, Manhattan
- Truly Insurance (formerly known as Linn County Insurance) –
- LaCygne, Mound City, Pleasanton, Garnett
- Porter Spears & Bundy – Ottawa
- Bison Insurance Group, LLC—Group Entity—equally owned by the members above
The transition of agency contracts and codes to Bainswest will begin immediately with an effective date of January 1, 2021.
Bison Insurance Group was formed in 2013 by 5 current and former Presidents of the Independent Insurance Agents of Kansas to strengthen member agency’s ability to serve their clients and to enhance their relationships with Insurance Companies they represent. Bison members operate 10 agencies with 20 physical locations across Kansas. www.bisoninsgroup.com
Bainswest was formed in 1995 in Oklahoma by former Presidents and Board Members of the Independent Insurance Agents of Oklahoma to allow member agencies to better serve their clients and enhance relationships with Insurance Companies. Since, Bainswest has added members in Arkansas, Missouri, and Texas with 21 member agencies and 50 physical locations. Bainswest is recognized as the 18th Largest Agency Partnership in the US by the Insurance Journal. www.bainswest.com
Mike Loftis—President Bainswest, Inc.
Austin Renn—Managing Member
Bison Insurance Group, LLC